Dedos are an ideal option for preserving color and detail of a loved one’s portrait. Although not as durable or permanent as a laser portrait, it can offer exactly the look that some are seeking. Many of the same expectations exist for submission of artwork for a dedo as with a laser portrait. Please take into consideration the following image requirements and suggestions.
When submitting a hard copy of your photograph:
- Studio quality portraits 5″x7″ or larger will result in a beautiful ceramic.
- Avoid submitting photos that are blurry, pixelated or have been reproduced on canvas or any type of textured paper.
- If submitting a group photo to be used for an individual’s portrait, please ensure that the individual to be lasered is not obstructed by other individuals in the photo.
- Please don’t cut or alter the photograph, let us do it digitally.
- If you would like a special crop, please photocopy the photograph and hand draw your desired crop
- Do not tape the face of a photograph unless you have special photo tape.
- If possible, keep a copy of the original and submit the original for reproduction.
- Protect the photograph when mailing by using a photo mailer or cardboard backer.
- Avoid including sharp objects such as paper clips or staples that can damage the photograph.
- Black and white photos, as well as full color photographs.
- When requesting a background removal, please indicate the background replacement you would like from the options below. If you would like a custom color, please send a sample of the desired color.